Osha Compliance Officer (ret)
Senior Safety and Health Consultant at Zenith Insurance Company
• What Employers need to look out for OSHA Compliance
Mark RxProfessor Pew, National speaker & author
• Opioids Abuse / California Comp Formulary an Update on how it’s Going
David H. Parker
Attorney at Law, PartnerParker, Kern, Nard & Wenzel
• Return to Work Post Injury: A Step by Step Process
Christina Tillman & Doug Larsen
• Members only Breakfast
PHR Sierra HR Partners, Inc.
• The Hire Right & Hire Safe 2018 Update
Chemical Security InspectorDepartment of Homeland Security
• Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) ~ Securing High Risk Chemical Facilities
Sr. Safety & Health ConsultantZenith Insurance
• Safety Programs – Return on Investment (ROI)
Safety ManagerInitiative Foods
• Lessons from Disaster: The Story of the Initiative Foods Fire
The mission of the Central Valley Safety Society is to facilitate and foster the exchange of information and ideas among individuals responsible for safety and health at businesses throughout the Central San Joaquin Valley.
Board Job Descriptions & Committees:
1. Shall be the general manager of the corporation
2. Supervise, direct and control the Corporation’s activities, affairs and officers
3. Preside at all Director’s meetings
4. Other powers and duties as assigned by the Board
1. Keep a record of all minutes, proceedings and actions of the Board. Including:
a. Time and Place
b. Whether Annual, Regular, or Special
c. If special, how authorized, notice given and names of those present
2. Keep a copy of the Articles of Incorporation
1. Keep and maintain adequate and correct books and accounts of the Corporation’s properties and transactions
2. Send/give to the Board financial statements and reports as required by law, these Bylaws or Board request
3. Make deposits of all monies to the Corporation’s credit
4. Disperse funds as directed
5. Render an account of all transactions to any Board member
6. Assure receipt of funds at lunches
NOTE: neither the secretary or treasurer may serve concurrently as the president or chairman.
Executive (officers): the Executive Committee consists of the primary officers of the corporation.
Membership: the Membership Committee is responsible to recruit new members, maintain a current membership list, send out annual membership renewal invoice, identify and recommend member services to the board.
Program: the Program Committee is responsible to develop an annual schedule of pertinent topics, arrange for qualified and engaging speakers, see to the speakers’ needs. The program committee chair will serve as primary liaison to the meeting facility.
Communications: the Communications Committee is responsible to develop and maintain accurate and prompt communications from the board to the members and vice versa. Communications may include phone, fax, newsletter, e-Mail and Web site. The Communications Committee will also oversee maintenance of the CVSS website.
Code of Ethics:
1. Members on the Board of Directors shall support and endorse the mission statement of the Central Valley Safety Society
2. Members acknowledge and accept that service on the Board of Directors shall include:
a. Attendance at all Board of Directors’ meetings
b. Attendance at all general membership meetings
c. Participation on at least one (1) committee and attendance at said committee meetings
3. Attendance as a member at all general meetings is the primary means of participation in CVSS.
a. when a member of the Board of Directors fails to participate, either by absence or responsibility, the President shall communicate with that member to determine continued participation on the Board. If the member chooses to remain on the Board and again fails to participate, the Executive Committee may recommend dismissal from the Board of Directors.
|Our Members Include:
• Agriland Farming Company, Inc.
• Alliant Insurance Services, Inc.
• AmeriPride Uniform Service
• Betts Spring Company
• Caglia Environmental, LLC
• Central California Blood Center
• Central California EHS, LLC
• Central Valley Concrete and Trucking
• Cirkl Specialized Training
• City of Clovis
• Darling International, Inc.
• Deerpoint Group
• Del Monte Foods/Lathrop Distribution
• Del Monte Plant
• Edgewood Partners Insurance Centers EPIC
• Electric Motor Shop & Supply Co.
• Fishman, Larsen & Calliste
• FreshKO Produce Services Inc.
• Fresno Chaffee Zoo
• Fresno Valves & Castings Inc.
• Fruit Fillings, Inc.
• Gerawan Farms
• Green Leaf Farms, Inc.
• Grundfos Pumps Manufacturing Corporation
• Gusmer Enterprises, Inc.
• Harris Ranch Beef Company
• Initiative Foods LLC
• JAIN Irrigation, Inc.
• Jorgensen Co.
• Kawneer Company, Inc.
• Krazan & Associates
• Kroeker Inc.
• Netafim Irrigation, Inc.
• Nichols Farms
• Palm Medical Group Inc.
• Placement Pros (Clovis)
• Ponderosa Telephone
• Richard Health and Associates
• Risico Claims Management (AARLA)
• Robb Ross Foods, Inc.
• S Y M B I A L O G I S T I C S
• San Joaquin Total Care
• Sebastian Corporation
• Service System Associates
• Sierra HR Partners
• Sinclair Systems International LLC
• Sunrise Medical US LLC
• Technicon Engineering Services, Inc.
• The Zenith
• Tom Corea Construction Inc.
• Ultimate Staffing Services
• United Valley Insurance Services
• Valley Iron Inc.
• Winegrape Inspection Program, Inc. Fresno